Do your ideas about retirement include volunteering? Retirement is not the end, it’s the beginning of a new phase of life. And a volunteer opportunity provides a new pathway. Two retirees volunteer, become friends, and later write a book about it. In this episode of our retirement podcast, we talk with the authors of The Paths We Cross. The book is a joint memoir detailing their lives and their experiences as volunteers with AARP.
We discuss with the authors:
- What attracted them to AARP’s Tax-Aide Program
- What they think people need to know about volunteering, and how to find the right volunteer opportunity
- What led them to write a book together –and what was it was like to write a book together
- What they know now about retirement that they didn’t know before
- What they are finding to be the best things about life in retirement –and the biggest challenges
- Their advice on retirement for someone who’s planning to retire soon
“…Retirement can be fun if you choose to do the right thing.”
“…Set goals for yourself, goals that will fulfill your needs. Think about what you’d like to do that you couldn’t have done before. Maybe a hobby, maybe something else, but set your goal before you retire.”
Related Podcast Episodes You May Like
Related Blog Post
About Retirement Wisdom
We help people who are retiring, but not done yet, discover what’s next.
A long retirement is a terrible thing to waste. And a meaningful retirement doesn’t just happen by accident.
Schedule a call today to discuss how we can help you make yours great.
Retire smarter.Explore retirementwisdom.com