What’s the future of retirement post-pandemic? Smart, a leading retirement technology business and one of the UK’s largest providers of retirement plans, recently launched the Future of Global Retirement report. It examines how retirement plans will evolve in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Australia in the years to come, following the coronavirus pandemic.
Key U.S. findings from the report found that:
- Retirement ages are rising, and one in seven Americans now expect to delay their retirement due to COVID-19.
- 56% of Americans see retirement as a multi-stage transition rather than a one-off event.
- There’s an “advice gap”: Many Americans don’t know where they can get retirement advice.
Jodan Ledford, the CEO of Smart in the US, joins me today to share his insights.
- Key findings from the Future of Global Retirement report – and what was surprising
- Why traditional retirement is dead – and why people’s retirement planning isn’t always in sync with that
- The biggest concerns and fears people have about retirement post-pandemic
- What was common and different across different regions
- When most people plan to access their retirement savings
- The pandemic’s impact on retirement planning
Jodan Ledford joins us from Nashville.
Jodan Ledford is the US CEO of Smart. Before joining Smart, Jodan was the Chief Client Officer at Legal & General Investment Management America (LGIMA), where he oversaw a team of 75-plus spanning Sales, Marketing, Investment Solutions, Product & Corporate Strategy, as well as Multi-Asset Portfolio Management. Joining LGIMA shortly after their US market entry, Jodan led LGIMA’s growth in the US market from $10 billion to $130 billion in US third-party clients over 7 years. Prior to LGIMA, Jodan held positions at UBS Global Asset Management, J.P. Morgan’s Investment Banking Division, and Watson Wyatt Worldwide.
Podcast Episodes You May Like
Browse all 4 seasons of our retirement podcast here
About Retirement Wisdom
Traditional retirement is obsolete. It simply doesn’t work for most people today.
However, it is an important catalyst for the beginning of a new phase of life.
But often what’s next isn’t clear. What do you want your new life to look like?
Even if you have some ideas about your future, it can be hard to figure out exactly how to get there.
You need a sound process – and a guide you can trust. The solution is Retirement Wisdom.
Our Certified Designing Your Life coach can help you envision and transition to your new life, using a proven three-phase approach.
Imagine new possibilities, evaluate alternative pathways, and create an actionable roadmap to your new lifestyle.
Take the first step today. Schedule a free call with Joe Casey to learn more about our coaching programs.