Refire! Don’t Retire
Make the Rest of Your Life the Best of Your Life
By Ken Blanchard and
Retirement books are ubiquitous. But if you only read one book on transitioning to retirement, I’d urge you to read this one.
Serendipitously, Larry runs into his former teacher, Dr. Jeffrey, at the reunion, who has spent the last decade studying aging and retirement. He then shares what he’s learned with them over a series of meetings and encourages Janice and Larry to put the lessons into action in ways that work for them.
Food for Thought
- Emotional – engaging with key people in your life to revitalize meaningful relationships
- Intellectual – staying sharp mentally by pursuing learning and trying new things
- Physical – keeping active, healthy and fit
- Spiritual – connecting to something greater than yourself, not necessarily through religion, but through service to others
- Are you going to embrace – or endure – the rest of your life?
- What are you going to do with the rest of your life to make it healthy and meaningful?